It’s been a while since I’ve shared quick meals and today it’s all about lasagna stuffed peppers. I found this recipe browsing Pinterest (like most days) for low carb meals and decided to slightly modify it to exclude the pasta. Here’s the full process below.
- Ground Meat
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic (optional)
- Pasta Sauce
- Bell Peppers
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- Cut the top off of each pepper and remove the seeds. Season and bake for 15 minutes, to soften.
- Season and cook ground meat until the meat has browned on all sides.
- Add pasta sauce. Bring the mixture to a light simmer.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta & Parmesan with Italian seasoning. Mix together with a fork, set aside.
- Remove the peppers from the oven
- Alternate 2 tablespoons of sauce, 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture, until the peppers are full. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
The total cook time is about 45 minutes. As mentioned it is slightly modified, but it includes the pasta. You can eat the lasagna stuffed peppers by itself or serve with a salad. Try the recipe for yourself and let me know what you think.
Have you tried stuffed pepper recipes?