This post “Bali Lookbook: What to Pack for Bali + Outfit Ideas” is not sponsored, but contain some affiliate links. For more information on the sponsored post and/or affiliate link policy, please click here.
I am normally team carry-on, but with the many activities on our Bali Itinerary, I needed more luggage. Our trip was heavily adventure and photo focused so I had a medium suitcase, carryon, and backpack. I received a lot of questions via Facebook and Instagram so here’s my complete Bali lookbook.
Weather in Bali
Bali is located in Southeast Asia and less than 10 degrees south of the equator. Similarly to traveling to the Caribbean, there are two distinct seasons: Dry Season and Rainy Season. The busy seasons to travel to Bali are during the summer (July, August), Christmas/New Year (December-January), and Easter (end of March/April). Visiting at the beginning of October is considered the rainy season, but there weren’t many crowds for us.
What to Pack for Bali
In addition to basic toiletries, part of our loaded suitcases included snacks, water, and first-aid supplies. With picky eaters and sensitive stomachs, we all wanted to make sure everyone stayed hydrated and could have something familiar to eat in case we didn’t like the food. We also brought enough clothes and underwear for flight delays, outfit options, comfortable shoes for walking, and flip flops for the showers.
If you’re planning to spend a week or more, here are some outfit ideas of what to pack for Bali:
- 4 dresses – To travel from Seminyak to Ubud, wear to the Bali Swing and possible dinners
- 3 shorts – For our watersports day, exploring Seminyak and traveling to Singapore
- 5 skirt/short sets – Mostly worn during the day trips and dinner.
- 2 t-shirt shirts/tanks – Exploring Seminyak and traveling to Singapore.
- 2 rompers – For our nightlife and day trips in Seminyak
- 4 Jumpsuits – In case the weather was chilly for dinner
- 10 Swimsuits + 4 coverups– We had a private pool and visited a waterfall in a week. I needed options.
- 1 lightweight jacket – I used this only for the flights traveling to and from Bali and Singapore. Even at night, the weather was perfect for me.
- 21 pairs of underwear – This was enough for traveling via plane, 2-3 showers a day, possibly being stuck in the airport, or flight cancellation. One of my friends purchased detergent in the event I needed to handwash.
- 2 bras – For traveling. As a member of the itty-bitty-titty committee, I was happy being braless for most of my trip.
- 3 pairs of compression socks – For the long flights between New York, Frankfurt, Singapore, and San Francisco.
- 3 sets of pajamas – Technically they weren’t pajamas, but biker shorts and t-shirts were my sleepwear of choice.
- 1 pair of water shoes – For our watersports day that included sea trekking.
Bali Outfit Ideas
Now that you have the basics, here are some cute Bali outfit ideas and a lookbook if you’re looking for what to pack for a trip to Bali.
Dinner + Night Outfits
Swimwear + Coverups
Swimsuit + Coverup