The e.l.f. Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask Kit was sent for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
As a frequent traveler and beauty lover, I’m ALWAYS thinking about my skin. The older I get, the more I pay attention to my skin and what it needs. I noticed my skin taking a toll when I travel so I started doing a post-vacation skincare routine after my mini Euro-trip to London, Paris, and Rome back in 2018.
It is common for the circulating air from airplanes to dry out your skin, especially on long flights. I packed a few travel beauty items like a facial mist to keep my face hydrated post-flight, a facial cleanser, a moisturizer, and a few face masks.
Coming home one week and four flights after, my skin needed love so I did a post-vacation skincare routine using the elf Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask kit.
elf Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask Kit Details
e.l.f.’s Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask is a magnetic facial mask rich in antioxidants such as Carrot Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Argan Oil.
These oils are used to help replenish dry skin that is common for frequent fliers, extract impurities, brighten skin, and reduce the appearance of pores. The full Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask kit includes:
- Magnetic Mask: A lightweight magnetic mask enriched with key antioxidants to help replenish and recharge the skin, while minimizing the appearance of pores for soft, smooth, makeup-ready skin.
- Magnet Wand: A dual side magnet with a spoon for an easy and mess-free application.
- 20 Magnet Wand Covers: to make clean up easier.
elf Magnetic Mask Directions
When first trying out the elf Magnetic Mask, I did a photo series using it on my Instagram beauty highlights. In case you missed it, below are directions on applying the magnetic mask in 4 easy steps.
- Using the scoop end of the magnetic wand, apply the elf magnetic face mask to a clean, dry face and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. When applying the magnetic mask, make sure to avoid the eyes.
- Place the plastic wand cover over the magnetic tool. This ensures the removal of the magnetic mask is mess-free.
- To remove the elf magnetic face mask, hover over the surface of your skin and glide slowly.
- Discard the plastic wand cover after removal. You can also reuse the plastic wand by removing contents with a cleansing cloth.
As you can see, the end result of using the elf magnetic facial mask shows a hydrated face. The only drawback to using this mask for me is around the nose and eye area. It may take a little longer to remove, but it still works.
I am not new to using elf skincare products so, in addition to using it in your post-vacation skincare routine, I recommend using the elf Beauty Shield Magnetic mask weekly with the Hydrogel Under Eye Masks on wash day or for a girl’s night in.