I love taking day trips from NYC. One of my favorites this summer was going on and Atlantic City day trip with my friend. Other than for dinner a few years back for my best friend’s birthday, this was my first time going to walk around and explore. If you’re looking for fun things to do on a day trip to Atlantic City with friends, family, or by yourself, keep on reading.
Getting to Atlantic City from NYC
The most convenient ways to do a day trip to Atlantic City from NYC is riding the Greyhound or Academy Bus. These buses run daily from NYC Port Authority to the Atlantic City Casinos. I took an Atlantic City Bus trip with Academy which cost about $40 and included $25 credit for the slot machine at Bally’s Casino.
Top Things to Do on an Atlantic City Day Trip
- Visit the Casinos – Nowhere near, but often referred the Las Vegas of the East Coast, Atlantic City has a number of Casinos to try your luck, eat and shop. I’m not a gambler, but for my first time playing on the slot machine I won all of my bus ticket money back. Of course, there are other things to do in Atlantic City besides gamble.
- Take a Walk on the Beach and Atlantic City Boardwalk – I took a stroll on the beach and famous Atlantic City Boardwalk. This was my first beach trip ALL summer. It was lightly drizzling, but I tried my best to get my feet wet.
- EAT – If you’re traveling with a group, Carmine’s in a great restaurant since they serve family style. On this trip, I ate a crab cake burger with fries from Harry’s Oyster Bar & Seafood
- Play Mini Golf – Walking down the boardwalk we discovered Atlantic City Miniature Golf. We played one round and it was a fun way to pass the time.
- Go Shopping – The last stop was the shops at Caesar’s Palace and the Pier. There are a number of stores to shop in this area as well as Tanger Outlets.
At the end of the night, I was able to pose for a beautiful view of the sun beginning to set over the beach and boardwalk. My day trip to Atlantic City was well-spent, but getting home was a headache. No one knew how to get back via the Academy bus. We stated at the initial stop, Bally’s and walked to Tropicana for a bus. Greyhound seems to be the popular bus option and I plan on using their services on the next trip to Atlantic City.
4 thoughts on “Things to do on an Atlantic City Day Trip”
I love AC! I had my bachelorette weekend there. And I ate at Harry’s too soooooo good. I had a rum something or other that had me niceee lol and their calamari amazon! I’m looking forward to go back with my hubby. Did it feel empty? I’ve read so many articles about casinos closing
I unknowingly went the same weekend as the food and wine festival, so there was a good amount of people there. The revel casino recently closed. It’s been hard out there since hurricane Sandy and I’ve been seeing a lot of groupon deals for nights out there.
I went to AC last summer with my honey for a few days. We randomly found a Groupon so we jumped on it. It was SO much fun. I had been a few years before with my mom and grandma but it definitely wasn’t the same. Lol. When I went last year we drove down so we stopped at the aquarium on our way back. We visited the shops/outlets, ate a few diff places… It was really cool. I love your picture with the sunset. Thank you for bringing back some fun memories for me.
Thanks! I think the next go round I’ll stay overnight and shop. I saw the groupons, but it was really a last minute trip.