With Brooklyn being a popular destination for tourists and new residents, I decided to make this list of over 30 Black owned brunch spots in Brooklyn. These restaurants offer a variety of brunch favorites like chicken and waffles and shrimp and grits with some offering bottomless options as well. Since the weekends are usually packed with brunch-goers, I’ve included restaurants offering brunch during the week too.
1. Cheryl’s Global Soul: Comfort food located in Prospect Heights, good for breakfast and brunch, open 7 days a week.
2. Brown Butter: Southern breakfast and brunch, located in Bedstuy, open Tuesday-Sunday.
3. Negril BK: Located in Park Slope. Offering Caribbean cuisine. Open Tuesday-Sunday.
4. The Gold Room: Traditional American food located in Prospect Lefferts Gardens. Open Tuesday through Saturday.
5. Czen: Modern, Caribbean-Asian Fusion in East Flatbush/Flatlands. Open Tuesday-Sunday.
6. 2 Chix: American Southern comfort food in Bedstuy offering breakfast and brunch. Open Monday-Saturday.
7. Sweet Science: American comfort food with a modern twist. Located in Williamsburg, open 7 days a week.
8. Peaches Grand: Located in Clinton Hill. Serving American seafood, open 7 days a week.
9. The Quarter Brooklyn: New American & Mediterranean food open Tuesday-Sunday. Located in Fort Green.
10. Lakou Cafe: Vegan friendly Haitian Fusion cuisine in Crown Heights. Open 7 days a week
11. Bunna Cafe: Vegan Ethiopean restaurant in Bushwick. Open Wednesday-Monday.
12. Chloe’s Restaurant & Lounge: Haitian food in Canarsie. Open 7 days a week.
13. Fusion East: Urban Caribbean and Soul food in East New York. Open 7 days a week.
14. Suite 704 Restaurant: Caribbean Fusion in Crown Heights. Open 7 days a week
15. Bamboo Walk: Upscale Traditional Caribbean Cuisine. Open 7 days a week. Located in East Flatbush
16. Rustik Tavern: New American restaurant in Bed-Stuy/Clinton Hil. Open Wednesday-Sunday.
17. Suede: Modern Caribbean Cuisine in East Flatbush. Open 7 days a week.
18. 95 South Soul Food: Located in Crown Heights. Open Tuesday through Saturday.
19. Wray’s Caribbean & Seafood Cuisine: Located in Clinton Hill. Open 7 days a week.
20. Sweet Chick: Located in Prospect Heights and Williamsburg. Open 7 days a week.
21. Caribbean Social: Located in Flatbush/Little Caribbean. Open Tuesday-Sunday
22. Soco: Open Tuesday-Sunday offering Southern Fused Cuisine. Located in Clinton Hill.
23. Kokomo: Caribbean fusion located in Williamsburg. Open Tuesday-Sunday.
24. Amarachi: Traditional American, African and Caribbean cuisine located in Downtown Brooklyn. Open 7 days a week.
25. Zaca Cafe: French and American flavors w/ a New York attitude. Located in Bedstuy. Open 7 days a week.
26. Zanmi: Haitian cuisine in Prospect Lefferts Gardens. Open 7 days a week.
27. BK9: Caribbean-inspired food in Park Slope. Open 7 days a week.
28. Footprints Cafe: Home of the rasta pasta. Jamaican food with locations in East Flatbush and Coney Island. Open 7 days a week.
29. Patrick Steakhouse: Steakhouse located in Crown Heights. Open 7 days a week.
30. Cafe Rue Dix: Senegalese and French Cuisine in Crown Heights. Open 7 days a week.
31. Savvy Bistro & Bar: Caribbean American fusion restaurant located in Crown Heights. Open 7 days a week.
32. Mangoseed + Zurilee: Dine-in Caribbean restaurant located in Flatbush. Open Thursday-Tuesday.
I hope you enjoyed my list of Black-owned brunch spots in Brooklyn. If you are looking for more than brunch, check out my list of 60+ Black Owned Restaurants in Brooklyn. Make sure to add these Black-owned businesses to your list for your next trip to NYC and share it with your friends and social community.